Friday, August 8, 2008

The Riff Needs to Shake Things Up!!!


The Mike Sterling senses that THE RIFF is slowly dying. So allow Mike Sterling to shake things up with a couple of questions.

First, has anyone noticed that the USA is still at war? I know Favre
coming back is big news and all, so its easy to forget that thousands
of Americans are still fighting a war with no end in sight. Thank God
that the Almighty US Congress went after steroids in the Majors and all of those ball players who took steroids and "lied" about it. Can you
imagine, baseball players had the audacity to "lie" to Congress? How
dare anyone lie to Congress? I think its funny that people get so upset
about that, like congressmen don't lie everyday.In fact,to even
become a congressmen,they pretty much have to lie everyday of their phony lives.

Second, what is going on down in Guantanamo Bay,Cuba? I keep hearing how people are being held down there without being charged with any crimes. Look, I really don't know shit OK. I don't know what is true or what is bullshit, so I am not saying people are being held without being charged, all I am saying is that I keep hearing this over and over. But, if it is true, is that legal? Is the right to a fair trial listed in the Bill of Rights? I think it is, but most of the memory space in my brain is devoted to sports trivia and movie lines, so I could be
mistaken.

Third, I keep hearing, "We need to fight them over there so we don't need to fight them over here." What does that mean? Fight who, over where? AlQaeda in Afghanistan? Are we still fighting them? Is that why we dropped more bombs on Vietnam than were
dropped during all of WWII? We were going to stop communism in southeast Asia so we would not have to stop it here in America. So, 4 million Vietnamese were killed in the Great American Crusade to stop the spread of Communism.
Meanwhile, Fidel "The Beard" Castro set up a communist government 90 miles off the coast of Florida. Cuba seems a little closer to "here" than Vietnam does. Now we are fighting a war in Iraq, so how many Iraqis will have to die during America's latest crusade, The Crusade Against Terror? How many Iraqis have died so far? How many
Iraqis have had their doors kicked in without a search warrant? Another Bill Of Rights violation, or do the Bill of Rights only count in America?

So why is The Mike Stering(Of The Marina Del Rey Sterlings)writing about Cuba, Vietnam and Iraq and the Bill of Rights? Why is he not writing about college football or Jeff Smarrgyganhana's great pitching with the (1st place, best team in the National League, over 20 games over 500) Cubbies? Why? Why indeed. I will tell you why, that is how The Mike Sterling(Of The Marina Del Rey Sterlings) do.

Thats right, THE MIKE STERLING(Of The Marina Del Rey Sterlings) will do this from time to time. He be droppin shit from all over the mutha fukin joint. One minute he like damn and shit and the next he might blast a little "a horse, a horse, my kingdom for a horse", a bit from WillyShake's Richard III.

All THE MIKE STERLING(Of The Marina Del Rey Sterlings)
is trying to do is leave a little food for thought for his readers. We
get so wrapped up in our little lives here in the safe old USA, that we
forget what is going on around the world. So maybe we as Americans should ask some questions. Remember, there are no stupid questions, only stupid people. Stupid people.

THE MIKE STERLING(Of The Marina Del Rey Sterlings) will leave you with a little quote from the Martin Scorsese instant classic, THE DEPARTED.
Uncle Ed: You always have to question everything, don't you?
Billy Costigan: Maybe it would have done you some good to have some *questions* from time to time, you know? "Am I an asshole? Are my kids a mess? Is my wife a money-grubbing whore?" I mean, those are questions, right? "Have I ever been good to my dying sister or am I just now pretending to be?"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

MIKE STERLING(OF THE MARINA DEL REY STERLINGS) you da bomb!!!!

The Nug said...

Bravo young scribe. Bravo

James said...

Very well done, sir